Monday, May 27, 2013

Jerry Bridges interview

November 26, 2008 by C.J. Mahaney Categories: Cross-centered life | God's love | Interviews | Spiritual disciplines Next week I plan to resume the series on procrastination (unless of course I don’t get to it until the following week). But today I have the privilege of featuring a recent interview with my friend Jerry Bridges. Jerry is the author of numerous excellent books such as The Discipline of Grace (NavPress, 2006) and The Gospel for Real Life (NavPress, 2003). Last week I invited him to join me in the studio to discuss a very helpful practice for living a cross-centered life, captured in the little phrase “preach the gospel to yourself.” It was in the writings of Mr. Bridges that I was introduced to this phrase. The interview provided an opportunity to ask him where the phrase originated, what it means, and what difference this practice has made in his life. The interview also includes some discussion of sports. It’s in this section of the interview that you will hear Jerry Bridges and me deliver a special joint message for all New York Yankee baseball fans. Be listening for that. As you listen to this short interview I think you will discover for yourselves why I am so thankful to God for this man. You will find the audio download of the interview here. Or listen to the interview online:

No comments:

Post a Comment